Saturday, December 3, 2022

'MALCOLM YOUNG'S SOULFUL SOLO', "Silver Shoes & Strawberry Wine "


Malcolm Young, George Young and Harry Vanda, just before AC/DC in 1973 on this song "Silver Shoes & Strawberry Wine" by the Marcus Hook Roll Band

Malcolm Young - but not as many people ever have heard him. On this essentially 'live' Studio recording (1973), there was no over-dubbing for him. Malcolm laid it down 'live' with the rest of the track. A great vocal from Harry Vanda, together with this deft, understated piece of playing from Malcolm, and some great support from the other musicians results in a true 'gem'. This is a 20-year old playing with the maturity of a 40-year old. R.I.P. Malcolm...   and so soon after brother George !
I'm very proud to be able to say - this is my production, and I have 'tweaked' the audio specially on this post - in fact I have effectively re-mastered it, and you won't find a better sounding version anywhere else ! I was there on the studio floor when this one went down, and being there was a real thrill. WW


Full details on The Bexley Brothers Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/makemavit/

No comments:

Post a Comment